From the Victorian era (starting in1837) into the early 20th century highly decorative crochet hooks were fashionable. These beautiful animal crochet hooks are hand turned and hand carved by our local artisan in Nepal. The crochet hook comes in many sizes and materials, such as bone, bamboo, aluminum, plastic and steel. Sometimes referred to as Ice Cream Cone hooks because of their shape, these bone hooks are Anchor Crochet Hooksteelite crochet hook in a handle. Please use this crochet hook conversion chart as a guide Thicker yarn needs thicker hooks. The hooks may be made of metal, wood, plastic, or bone. LOVELY ANTIQUE CROCHET HOOK, MADE FROM BONE, Measures about 4 3/4 inches long, Buyer pays for shipping, We ship Internationally.
Bone Crochet Hooks
- What is a bone crochet hook? Crochet hooks have been made from assorted materials, including aluminum, steel, wood and various plastics.
- and vintage crochet hooks for their modern day counterparts.
- Bold colors symbolize steel hooks while those in brown symbolize bone, ivory, and wood crochet hooks.
- Also double ended crochet hooks for fixing knitting mistakes.
- Dave hand made these little crochet hooks from bone.
- Each crochet hook has a colorful celluloid insert.
More information about Bone Crochet Hooks on the site: http://www.bsos.umd.edu