The art of crochet has texture built into it, but some crochet stitches rise off the fabric more than others. Free patterns for crocheted items in an aran design. Texture stitches, and sometimes cables, are used in these patterns. Are you tired of making the same old afghans? Then you will love these innovative new designs, created by the talented Barbara Shaffer. Crochetology problem: Using some basic textured stitches: Ribbed stitch Make a row of single crochet. The post crochet stitch creates a raised texture. It also produces a thick, reversible fabric.
Textured Crochet Stitches
- One of the things I love about crochet is all the texture you can put into a project.
- The Basket Weave crochet stitch is full of texture.
- What you’ll learn in this crochet class: In this class, you will learn different ways of creating texture in crochet.
- The popcorn stitch can be added to many crochet patterns to add texture, interest and decoration.
- Use the single cluster crochet stitch as a great foundation pattern for a textured scarf or a trinity stitch to add warmth to an afghan design.
- It seems difficult at the onset, but once you have mastered Back Post and Front Post Double Crochet Stitches, textured stitches like this are a breeze.
More information about Textured Crochet Stitches on the site: http://www.bestfreecrochet.com